CAPTE invites PT and PTA clinicians, DPT and PTA faculty, and individuals who are higher education administrators or non-PT/PTA faculty at an institution with allied health programs to serve as program reviewers. CAPTE completed a pilot of a new multistep program review process. The program accreditation review process divides the program review into a two-person document review, feedback to the program after the document review, followed by an program visit by a two-person team. An individual may chose to complete document reviews which does not require travel or may choose to be an on-site reviewer. Two document and two on-site reviewers comprise the four-person review team.
Complete the following steps to become a CAPTE program reviewer.
- Complete the Self-assessment form and submit the completed form with your CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for Self-Assessment link
- Ask two professional colleagues to complete the Reference form and submit their completed form to email@example.com. Please ask the colleagues to include CAPTE Reviewer Reference in the email subject line.
Click here for Reference form link
Accreditation staff designed a hybrid review process. Reviewers complete online, asynchronous modules through the APTA Learning Center followed by an online synchronous session with accreditation staff. The asynchronous modules are accessed in the APTA Learning Center.
To complete the training:
- Access the training through the APTA Learning Center. See instructions below. Please click link to access the APTA Learning Center.
- Complete the asynchronous modules.
Accreditation staff are conducting these synchronous sessions quarterly. See the CAPTE calendar for the next new reviewer synchronous training session. Accreditation staff will send the zoom meeting link to those individuals who completed the asynchronous modules at least three days prior to the virtual session.
To access the CAPTE Program Reviewer Training, please follow the instructions below:
- Login with your APTA Member Number, email or Username and Password. (All nonmembers, log in with your email).
- Click on Catalog in the left column.
- Locate CAPTE 2023 (August 2023 ) - Program Reviewer Training
- Click on view to access the course.
For assistance logging in, accessing activities, claiming credit, or for other questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Member Success at 1-800-999-2782.
Contact email@example.com should you have any other questions.
CAPTE-Related Events and Activities
The CAPTE calendar provides information on CAPTE meetings, upcoming site visits, and accreditation workshops.
Access recent actions and updates from CAPTE, including reasons for candidacy decisions, and the Public Disclosures Notices related to CAPTE actions.