As part of the CAPTE accreditation review process, institutions host an onsite evaluation of the program under consideration. Each spring and fall, CAPTE meets to make accreditation decisions. At its spring meeting, the Commission reviews programs that hosted a fall onsite visit. And during the fall meeting, they review programs that hosted a spring onsite visit.
Individuals wishing to make comments about a program seeking candidacy, accreditation, or substantive change may do so in the following manner:
1. After reviewing the list of upcoming reviews, anyone wishing to submit written comments about a program must meet the following expectations:
- Comments must be submitted no later than
- April 1 for programs being reviewed at CAPTE's spring meeting
- October 1 for programs being reviewed at CAPTE's fall meeting. For the Fall 2021 meeting, comments relevant to programs submitting an Application for Approval of Substantive Change (AASC) will be accepted through October 10 due to the delay in publishing the names of programs submitting AASC.
- Comments are to be sent to email@example.com and must include the subject line "Written Comments: re (program name)." The e-mail must include the name, title, affiliation, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and facsimile numbers, and website (if any) of the person/group making the comment.
- Comments about programs seeking candidacy, initial or reaffirmation of accreditation, or substantive change must be related to the relevant Standards and Required Elements for PT or PTA programs
2. Only comments submitted as prescribed above will become part of the official record and be reviewed by CAPTE.
Individuals/groups that make comments in this manner may not utilize the formal complaint process at a later date to address the same issue.