APTA's clinician web portal, PTNow is a collaborative effort designed to:
- Make it easier for you to apply the best available evidence to patient care;
- Lead you to external resources that have been vetted for relevance and credibility;
- Help you improve efficiency.
PTNow will be the physical therapist's "multi-tool":
- Translation tool--for translating research to knowledge for practice;
- Implementation tool--for implementing evidence in the evaluation and treatment of patients;
- Collaboration tool--for sharing information and strategizing when evidence is lacking;
- Search tool-for seeking out relevant, vetted sites across the Web and organizing results based on the source of the information.
PTNow has the long-term goals of helping the physical therapy profession:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Reduce unwarranted variation in practice
- Demonstrate the value of physical therapist services to the health care system
That's a tall order. To succeed, the site has to be built to meet your needs. During 2012, usability surveys were conducted among various member groups; these surveys will continue as part of a formal study throughout 2013 as the site undergoes further development.
You can contact us any time at email@example.com.
Explore PTNow and find out how you can contribute!